Saturday, August 17, 2013

Back in the U.S.

I very much enjoyed my time in Uganda, but am so grateful to be back and settled in at home in New Hampshire. The trip this summer was a wonderful success. We visited over 150 farms and collected more than 200 soil samples all told. We gave presentations in seven villages and I was able to meet with teachers and headmasters at five primary schools near Kibale National Park. The paper work needed to ship the soils out of Uganda came through and we were able to get the soils shipped from Kampala without any troubles. I now have quite a lot of lab work ahead, analyzing the soils and the survey data we collected.

We met so many wonderful people this summer and I look forward to seeing them all again when I return to Uganda in January or May next year.

Now that I have an internet connection that is a bit faster, here is a video of the school children in Kajumiro I promised to post.



And one more, just for laughs to end this installment of the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment