Sunday, June 16, 2013

Goodbye to Kampala

We are leaving Kampala today for the field station. We had a good stay and enjoyed our time here at the Fairway Hotel.




Saturday night, Michael and I ate dinner at nice restaurant called Piato that is next door to the French Embassy. We sat on a cool and refreshing outdoor patio and I had some wonderful butter chicken and black forest cake. I would highly recommend Piato to anyone that finds themselves in Kampala.

We spent the day relaxing yesterday. We walked down to the Oasis shopping mall and then sat in a coffee shop reading and drinking very good espresso. Afterwards, we strolled around the mall where I was struck by the juxtaposition of Ugandan and western cultures. Last night we had a nice meal at one of the hotel restaurants that serves a combination of Indian and Chinese food. The hotel restaurants were very convenient and as a bonus the food was good really very good. KNowing it was my last for a couple months, I took a nice long and hot shower this morning, trying to savor it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment